Are you getting ready for your big day and searching for the perfect wedding lehenga? Look no further! In this article, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know before buying a wedding lehenga. From styles and fabrics to colors and embellishments, we’ve got you covered.
Understanding the Basics of Wedding Lehenga
Before we dive into the details, let’s take a look at what a wedding lehenga is and why it’s such an important part of traditional Indian weddings.
What is a Wedding Lehenga?
A wedding lehenga is a type of long skirt worn by brides during weddings and other festive occasions in India. It’s usually paired with a blouse and a dupatta (a long scarf) draped over the head or shoulders.
Why is it Important?
Wedding lehengas are an essential part of Indian weddings and are worn by brides to symbolize their cultural heritage, beauty, and grace. They are often passed down from generation to generation as a family heirloom.
Choosing the Right Style and Fabric
When it comes to wedding lehengas, there are several styles and fabrics to choose from. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- A-line: A classic silhouette that flares out from the waist to create an A-shape
- Mermaid: A fitted style that hugs the body and flares out at the bottom
- Flared: A style that has a lot of volume and movement, perfect for dancing
- Straight: A simple, elegant style that flows straight down
- Silk: A luxurious and traditional fabric that’s perfect for weddings
- Satin: A smooth and shiny fabric that adds glamour to any outfit
- Velvet: A soft and plush fabric that’s perfect for winter weddings
- Net: A lightweight and sheer fabric that adds a delicate touch to any outfit
Choosing the Right Color and Embellishments
Once you’ve chosen the style and fabric of your wedding lehenga, it’s time to think about the color and embellishments.
- Red: A classic and traditional color that symbolizes love and prosperity
- Pink: A feminine and romantic color that’s perfect for a fairy tale wedding
- Gold: A regal and luxurious color that adds glamour to any outfit
- Blue: A bold and modern color that’s perfect for a beach wedding
- Embroidery: A traditional and intricate technique that adds texture and depth to any outfit
- Beading: A glamorous and sparkly embellishment that adds glamour to any outfit
- Sequins: A fun and playful embellishment that adds a touch of sparkle to any outfit
- Zardozi: A luxurious and intricate embellishment that’s perfect for a grand wedding
Tips for Buying the Perfect Wedding Lehenga
Here are some tips to keep in mind when buying a wedding lehenga:
- Start early: It’s important to start shopping for your wedding lehenga at least 6-8 months before your wedding day to allow enough time for alterations and customization.
- Set a budget: Wedding lehengas can range from a few thousand rupees to several lakhs. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Try different styles: Don’t be afraid to try different styles and fabrics to find the perfect lehenga for you.
- Consider the venue: The venue of your wedding can impact the style and fabric of your lehenga. For example, a beach wedding calls for a lightweight and flowy lehenga, while a grand palace wedding calls for a luxurious and ornate lehenga.
Wedding Lehenga: The Quintessential Bridal Outfit for Every Indian Bride
Are you getting married soon or know someone who is? Are you looking for the perfect outfit to make you feel like a queen on your special day? Look no further than the wedding lehenga! In this article, we will delve into the history, styles, colors, and tips for choosing the perfect wedding lehenga.
History of the Wedding Lehenga
The lehenga has been a part of Indian fashion for centuries, dating back to the Mughal era. However, it wasn’t until the 20th century that it became a popular choice for brides. The traditional bridal outfit for North Indian brides used to be the saree, but with the influence of Bollywood and fashion designers, the wedding lehenga has taken over as the quintessential bridal outfit.
Styles of Wedding Lehengas
Wedding lehengas come in various styles, including:
The A-line lehenga is a classic style that flares out gradually from the waist, resembling the shape of an “A”. This style is perfect for brides who want a comfortable and easy-to-wear outfit that still looks elegant.
The mermaid lehenga is a fitted style that hugs the body until the knees and then flares out dramatically. This style is perfect for brides who want to show off their curves and make a statement.
The Sharara lehenga is a fusion style that combines a lehenga skirt with a pair of pants. This style is perfect for brides who want to experiment with their bridal outfits and stand out from the crowd.
The ghagra lehenga is a traditional style that features a full skirt and a choli (blouse). This style is perfect for brides who want a traditional look with a modern twist.
Colors of Wedding Lehengas
Wedding lehengas come in a variety of colors, but some of the most popular ones include:
Red is the traditional color for Indian weddings and symbolizes love, passion, and fertility. It is the most popular color for wedding lehengas.
Pink is a popular color for wedding lehengas and represents femininity, love, and romance. It comes in various shades, including baby pink, hot pink, and fuchsia.
Gold is a luxurious color that symbolizes wealth, prosperity, and opulence. It is a popular color for wedding lehengas, especially for brides who want to make a statement.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Wedding Lehenga
Choosing the perfect wedding lehenga can be a daunting task, but with these tips, you can make the process easier:
Set a Budget
Wedding lehengas can range from a few thousand rupees to lakhs of rupees. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping to avoid overspending.
Wedding lehengas are usually custom-made and can take several months to be ready. It’s important to start shopping for your wedding lehenga at least 6-8 months before your wedding.
Do Your Research
Research different styles, colors, and designs before you start shopping. This will give you an idea of what you like and what suits your body type.
Choose the Right Fabric
The fabric you choose can make a huge difference in how comfortable you feel on your wedding day. Choose a fabric that is lightweight, breathable, and suits the climate you will be getting married in.
Internal link – largeskin